Source: www.africanakua.com | Gabriel Fiebor, Ghana
The kidney is one of our body organs that is vital for life. It is well noted that our body cannot survive for a week without its kidneys. The kidney is that organ which is responsible for filtering toxins from the blood and also responsible for balancing water and minerals in the body.
However, people who do not simply give enough importance to this organ suffer from different health problems. Imagine not having a kidney that will filter all poisons from the body, regulate water including feeling thirsty and mineral elements in your body.
Today, we shall look at some bad habits that destroys our kidneys without even knowing:
- Taking too many medicines at a time: this reduces the functioning of the kidneys. Too many drugs should be divided and taken in bits such as 5 to 10 minutes interval.
- Drinking too much coffee: 3 to 4 cups of coffee per day is already way too much. Too much caffeine increases blood pressure and may lead to kidney failure.
- Maintaining full bladder for too long: holding your urine for too long over a period of time puts a lot of pressure on the bladder and the kidney. Prolong habit of this will cause the kidney to fail.
- Extension of time to go to the toilet: refusal to go to toilet when the need arises increases the risk of kidney failure. We could all bare witness that we seldom produce urine when we ease ourselves.
- Low water consumption: the kidneys require water to remove toxins from the body through urine. Denying it water for its function will cause its cells to die hence kidney failure.
- Regular consumption of salty foods: we cannot stop taking salt with our diet hence we need to reduce its quantity. Too much salt contributes to increased blood pressure which may result to kidney failure.
kindly leave your comments and any other suggestion in the space provided.