By: Peace Bediako Nayaa/www.africanakua.com, Ghana.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has opened the portal for the 2020/2021 recruitment.
GES is to recruit both qualified newly trained teachers and tertiary graduates who offered education related programmes for the 2020/2021 GES recruitment.
Postings will be completed and announced by the end of November,2020.
The Minister of Education, Dr. Mathew Opoku Agyemang Prempeh, gave a briefing on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 at the Ministry of information conference hall Accra and revealed that the Ministry of Education has grantedfinancial clearance to employ a total of 27,367 staff for the basic and second cycle education sector.
Below are the GES requirements guideline to recruit both qualified newly trained teachers and tertiary graduates who offered education related programmes for the 2020/2021 GES recruitment. Applicants should note that if they do not meet all these stated requirements they would not be shortlisted or posted.
Prospective Teachers who wish to be considered for employment into GES must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have completed and passed the final year college of education examination
- Must have Graduated from your Tertiary Education Institution (for Second Cycle Teachers)
- Must have Passed the Teacher Licensure Examination
- Must have Completed the Mandatory National service
- Must be Prepared and ready to work wherever they will be Posted to work by GES.
The following documents are required:
- Your Birth Certificate
- Your Senior High School Certificate(WASSCE)
- Your Junior High School Certificate (BECE)
- Your SSNIT Number/TIN
- Your NTC Certificate